KGA Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Programs
Everything you Need for a Drug-Free Workplace
Making workplaces safe, since 1988.
Providing You Tailored Solutions to Eliminate Risk and Improve Safety, Including Program Development, Training, Testing, and More.
Ken George Associates is here to help you create a safe drug and alcohol-free workplace. For over 25 years we have been assisting companies of all sizes in personalized implementation and management of drug and alcohol testing programs.
We care about the safety of your workplace.
We offer tailored DOT and non-DOT drug and alcohol programs and training so you feel confident about the safety of your workplace. Regardless of your location and hours of operation, we have solutions to your drug and alcohol testing needs. We provide a nationwide suite of services and connection to experts so you have the tools and resources you need to feel confident in your drug and alcohol program.
Want to prevent drug and alcohol-related accidents at your company? So do we.
Our solutions include seminars, presentations, on-site testing/intervention, and custom training and programs. For more information about how we can help make your workplace safer see our full listing of products and services.
What Do We Do As Your Third Party Administrator (TPA)?
As your TPA, we manage some or all of your company’s drug and alcohol testing programs depending upon your needs and desires. This can include:
- Eliminate risk, feel secure. We will tailor a policy and program to you and take care of everything.
- Get in compliance with our DOT drug and alcohol compliance program and audit assistance.
- Learn the tips and tricks to stopping workplace substance abuse by signing up for drug and alcohol-related training.
- Test when and where you need with our Testing Services + On-Site Collections in the Seattle area.
- Free up your time, we can do record-keeping and MIS reporting for you.
- We will give you the tools and resources you need to create a safe drug-free workplace.
Tired of Inaccessible and Costly Consortiums and Third Party Administrators?
We Are There for You, When and Where you Need us.
Tailor-Fit Solutions, No Entrapping Terms, No hidden fees.
Frustrated With Confusing Government Regulations?
We can help you understand everything you need to know about DOT regulation that applies to your company. Contact us to get personalized programs and guides that cover your industry today! Want to learn a bit more about DOT regulations and what you have to do to stay in compliance? Please visit our compliance pages for more information.
Whether you are looking to create a compliance program for DOT regulations, or are looking to create your own non-DOT drug and alcohol testing policy at your company, we offer tailor-made solutions for your specific needs.
Return-to-Duty and Follow-Up Procedures
Any worker found to have violated DOT drug and alcohol regulations must complete return-to-duty and follow-up testing as detailed by a qualified SAP. The regulations require that all of these tests are conducted under direct observation, where the collector observes the donor throughout the collection process to ensure they are not in possession of devices that conceal clean urine.
The final hurdle the crew member must meet prior to returning to work is obtaining a letter from the MRO stating “that the individual is drug-free and the risk of subsequent use of dangerous drugs by that person is sufficiently low to justify his or her return to work”.
Often companies are unprepared for USCG audits of their company and their vessels. To better understand what specifically the USCG will look for when auditing your program, review their Chemical Testing Program Compliance Audit Checklist.
If you need help preparing for a USCG audit, please contact us.
What are the Penalties for Violating These Regulations?
The following enforcement actions may be taken for noncompliance with the Coast Guard chemical testing regulations:
- Letter of Warning
- CG-835 (deficiency ticket) may be issued
- Certificate of Inspection (COI) may be removed or not issued
- Civil Penalty for first-time violators may be assessed of up to $5,500.00 per violation, per day
- Suspension and Revocation (S & R) proceedings may be initiated against an individual’s license, MMD, or COR
- Captain of the Port (COTP) order may be issued (prohibiting the operation of the vessels involved until compliance is gained)